Senior Account Manager
(Positions Open in Northeast Ohio/Central Pennsylvania/West Virginia)
To sell manufacturers products and services currently provided by Andrews Industrial Controls; and to be a consulting business partner to customers to determine current and future needs. Position requires a technically competent individual who can apply products, and gain a deep understanding of the customer’s process conditions, needs and requirements.
Our Account Managers partner with their customers by solving problems and issues and providing the correct solutions as a trusted advisor. Andrews Industrial Controls Account Managers are technical experts in applying our products; and act as a liaison between the customer, the company and our principals. Moreover, people in the position build relationships and rapport with customers (they become more than just a point of contact); and also understand the customer’s processes.
- Call on end user accounts, engineering firms, OEM’s and corporate locations from top to bottom. Such personnel may include engineers or other professional and technical personnel. Account Manager will provide solutions to customers and act as a trusted advisor in applying our products to their application needs.
- Review specifications, application requirements, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected increases in production from client’s use of proposed equipment or services.
- Prepare or propose changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations.
- Provide technical support to customers relating to use, operation, and maintenance of equipment.
- Prepare sales contracts for products, services & training.
- Provide technology overviews and seminars to groups.
- Develop and grow a territory by generating product sales, service & training.
- Provide sales reports as needed.
- Prepare monthly forecast of expected sales.
- Set up sales calls/seminars for Regional Managers or other personnel from our principals.
- Use & Learn the Andrews Industrial Controls Calendar system
- Provide frequent feedback to the Director of Sales
- Review Bookings Reports/Payment Reports and provide feedback to the Director of Sales
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and presentations
- Multitasking/ Project Management
- Time Management and Planning
- Problem Solving
- Technical aptitude and product knowledge
- Cross Selling
- Ability to recognize key decision makers within a customer’s organization
- Have a good understanding of general process operations (e.g. recognize limitations of technologies, recognize competitive limitations, and recognize potential problems at a customer’s plant).
- Recognize sales opportunities beyond the customer’s perceived needs or requirements.
- Ability to be persistent and determined, and to handle rejection.
- Interpersonal skills with Manufacturers, Customer and Andrews Industrial Controls employees.
- Self-Learner, E-training capable.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with customers.
- Associate’s degree in a technical field or business concentration, with at least 2 years of sales experience within the industry or
- At least 5 years of sales experience within the industry
Previous Job Experience Desired:
- Inside sales experience
- Industrial sales/account management experience
- Field service experience a plus